How important is it to address the problems of Opioid and Alcohol Abuse?
1. 6% of pregnant women have a substance abuse problem.
2. Substance use exists in 40-80 % of families in which the children are victims of abuse.
3. Up to 2/3’s of all people in treatment for drug abuse report that they were physically, sexually, and emotionally abused during childhood.
4. 6% of 12 graders smoked marijuana daily. 22.5% smoked marijuana in the last month, and 37% reported having been drunk once in the last year.
5. Alcohol and Drugs are implicated in an estimated 80% of offenses leading to incarceration in the U.S., including domestic violence and property crimes
Citation: Alcohol, Drugs, and Crime. National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence.
I recommend if anyone has one of these problems or knows someone who does please review my pre-assessment criteria for abuse on my web page and seek help as soon as possible.